Saturday 13 December 2008

Trek traumas





















As promised I decided to do this one for my English buds. That is if I can get my moving-muddled-grey matter to co-operate. Funny how even 7 years in a totally English environment cannot cure you from being plein plat Afrikaans when fatique or temper sets in.

I have the afternoon "off". Flip and da boyz went fishing, to "test the boat" before selling it. Poor thing, he worked his hiny off to get it just right, only to have one afternoon fishing trip on it. It is too old and too much hassle to take it with. With any luck we will break even moneywise, otherwise this will be one very expensive fishing trip!

It is 36 hours before the packers arrive, and I don't feel nearly ready. I want to clean my matress, I need to defrost the big fridge, the knowledge that for the last 9 days here I will be without a washing machine and tumble drier causes panicky thoughts. Yes, dear people, the darling weather decided to remind me up to the last minute of why we are doing this thing, yet again. It is 13 December, let wel, supposed to be SUMMER, and I am going to close all windows and doors soon, my feet are turning cold. It did not rain today, vir 'n wonder, but according to my 3-day rain forecast site on Tuesday, when they take the boxes out of my house to the container parked in the street, it will be pouring - from 7am to 1pm!

I still have lots to do, so hopefully I will have time to update the blog again after they load the container. Please think of us with happy thoughts, maybe it will help :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment